Monday, December 3, 2012

We Have Liftoff.


Boy these plane analogies come easy when referring to a comic based around planes, don't they? I'm sure I'll run out of them sooner or later. For now, though, the puns stay. What you see below you is the finished pencils of page 1 for the upcoming issue of said comic. Flying Fortress production, after months of time in the hanger, is finally in the air again. This particular beauty clocked in around 10 hours. Those hours were split over three different evenings thanks to my day job of making sure my 2 year old son gets proper rearing.

I must say. I'm really, REALLY freaking happy with how this page turned out. I spent several weeks prior to this really doing the basics. Exercises and fundamentals. It was boring as all hell, but it sure helped. I'm miles away from my destination but this makes it feel a whole lot closer. Look out world, I just stepped my game up!

OK, True believers, it's time to hit the drawing board some more. Enjoy your stay, but be sure to lock-up when you leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment